THE NEW BMW R 1250 RT.
Do it your way.
The new BMW R 1250 RT gives you more freedom than ever before. The variable camshaft control system ‘BMW ShiftCam' ensures consistent power delivery throughout the entire power band, for swift cornering and immense torque on the straights. An increase in engine displacement brings you even more performance - pumping out 136 hp and 105 lb-ft of torque. Experiencing the road ahead is more effortless than ever. You can make your RT unique thanks to the new individualization options. It's your tour, and your bike.
- Keyless Ride: Thanks to Keyless Ride, you no longer have to spend time looking for your keys before you set off. All you need to do is carry your key in your pocket in order to unlock and start up your motorcycle.
- Next-Gen Dynamic ESA (Electronic Suspension Adjustment): Available Next-Gen Dynamic ESA ensures more stable and safer ride characteristics. The system automatically regulates the damping and spring preload of the struts depending on riding conditions and load, and offers the highest level of comfort and traction on all surfaces, even when cornering.
- BMW Motorrad Spezial: With BMW Motorrad Spezial, you are getting a customized bike with personal touches and the highest quality standards straight from the factory. At BMW Motorrad Spezial, you will receive select high-quality materials and finishes like the Spezial Option 719 colors with traditional hand-painted accent lines or the exclusive Option 719 Saddle Brown seat. Furthermore, you have the choice between two very high quality and exclusive billet packs, each of which give your bike a very different character. In addition, you can choose from two different Spezial Option 719 wheels to customize your bike even further.
- Ride Modes Pro as an option with new features: Ride Modes Pro adds ABS Pro, Enduro ABS, DTC, Dynamic Mode, Dynamic, Pro Mode, Enduro Mode, and Enduro Pro Mode as well as these additional new features: Hill Start Control Pro with selectable automatic brake activation on hills and Dynamic Brake Control.
- BMW ShiftCam: Shows what's inside: the new twin-cylinder boxer engine with variable camshaft control.
- Wide range of seats: Find the right seat for you from a choice of three different seat options, which are all available with seat heating. In conjunction with Option 719 paints, the Option 719 Saddle Brown seat is also available.
- Gear Shift Assist Pro: Gear Shift Assist Pro is a feature known and loved by racers, allowing riders to upshift and downshift without pulling the clutch lever. This means that you always have the handlebars firmly in your grip while reducing shift time and decreasing the impact of the load change on the rear wheel.
- Audio system: If all you need for the ultimate touring experience is the right music, then the audio system for your R 1250 RT is an indispensable feature.
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft and variable engine timing system BMW ShiftCam
- Bore x stroke: 102.5 mm x 76 mm
- Capacity: 1,254 cc
- Rated output: 136 hp (100 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 105 lb-ft (143 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
Performance / Fuel Consumption
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 50 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 508 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate wet clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive
Chassis / Brakes
- Frame: Two section frame, front - and bolted on rear frame, load bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: BMW Telelever, Ø 37 mm, central spring strut
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) via handwheel, rebound damping adjustable via handwheel
- Suspension travel, front / rear: 4.7" / 5.4" (120 mm / 136 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5" (1,485 mm)
- Castor: 4.6" (116 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.1°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50'' x 17''
- Rim, rear: 5.50'' x 17''
- Tire, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tire, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, dual-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral)
Dimensions / Weights
- Length: 87.5" (2,222 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 38.8" (985 mm) / 39" (990 mm) incl. panniers
- Height (excl. mirrors): Standard: 55.3" (1,405 mm) , Style Sport: 53.5" (1,360 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard: 31.7"/32.5"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: High Seat: 73.8"/75.4", Standard: 71.3"/72.8", Low Seat: 68.5"/70.1"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 615 lbs (279 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 1,113 lbs (505 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 498 lbs (226 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 6.6 gal (25 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 L)
Optional Seat Height
- High Seat: 32.7"/33.5"
- Low Seat: 29.9"/30.7"
- 2 Ride Modes (Rain/Road)
- ABS Pro
- Adjustable Gear Shifter
- Adjustable Two-Section Seat
- ASC (Automatic Stability Control)
- Heated Grips
- Hill Start Control
- LED Tail Light
- LED Turn Signals
- Multi Controller
- On-Board Computer Pro
- Saddle Bags in Body Color
- ShiftCam (Variable Camshaft Control)
- Stepless Power Adjustable Windshield
- Steering Damper
- Storage Compartment
Unladen Weight as defined in EU directive 93/93/EEC, filled with all operating fluids, fuelled to at least 90% of usable tank capacity.
Images of the motorcycle on this website may show equipment that is optional or only available in Europe.